Friday, December 10, 2021

An Actual Date Night!

Dave and I haven't actually been able to get out just the two of us (not that we don't spend a lot of time together) for quite sometime for many reasons.  We talked earlier and decided that we would have a date night at 3:00 and go to dinner thinking that would be after the  lunch crowd and before the dinner crowd.  A lot of times food doesn't sound good to me, but I was hungry for some good fish.  It is the one food that I have not  been able to figure out how to cook successfully.  One of my favorite restaurants is the Seafood Market not far from us in Mesa.  So we got dressed up for me--I wore a nicer hat than I usually do around the house and wore real clothes--not a muumuu. 

It was perfect as  there weren't very many people there.  We sat way in the back and not around people.  All of their staff were wearing masks!! I thanked the owner as we were leaving.

We really had a nice time.   He had shrimp and I had a delicious sole almondine.  Both were great.

Getting to do this makes  me feel somewhat normal (if that is possible)!  


Tonight his Montana Grizzlies are playing in a true football playoff.  They won their first game last week. Tonight they play James Madison in Virginia.  Have to be true to my caregiver so I tried to find colors as close to the Griz's colors. I am ready! I have my 1967 Butte Bulldog championship football necklace on and Butte copper earrings on.  I even found some shoes that are almost the right color! The game is on ESPN 2 so we are all set. GO GRIZ!!!!  



 
TO BE CONTINUED..............

1 remarks:

Jessie said...

Hello Sheila,
So glad to see that you are getting out. Stay strong and believe.
Jessie