Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Tomorrow--The Trial Begins

Tomorrow morning at 7 I start the first procedure for the trial that I am going to be on through Virginia Piper Cancer Research Center.  I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get started as last Saturday I had such severe pain in my abdomen that I had to go to the ER at Mercy Gilbert.  They ended up keeping me there until Tuesday.  It took almost 24 hours to get the pain under control.  I can only say that I don't want to experience that pain ever again.  It was scary because I have had to go to the ER a couple of times and very strong opioids have taken care of the pain immediately.  That didn't happen this time and it was rough. 

 Because of all of the pain that I was going through, my blood pressure shot up and so that was one of the reasons that they kept me for three days.  There are so many other things that happen when you are going through this that cause a lot of other problems.  

I have to say that the nurses and doctors at Mercy are awesome.  I had very good care.  I have been in other hospitals and they were fine, but Mercy goes above and beyond.  

One of the doctors who came into see me works at Virginia Piper so he was very familiar with the study  I will be on.  He was also very positive which was nice to hear.  One of the nurses was also very familiar and she was also very positive.  I am hoping tomorrow will be the beginning of a more positive journey and that I will respond to the treatment.  It is amazing what medical research is doing. 

So here is to positive thoughts and hope that I will respond and do well.  I'm not nervous at all, but hopeful.  But as I said before no matter what happens, I will be contributing something to beating this horrible disease.

 Here's to KICKING CANCERS" BUTT!!! 

0 remarks: