Thursday, July 4, 2024

A Special Message from Two Students who were in my third grade class at Patterson.

A few weeks ago I found out that a good friend had died after a short battle with cancer.  Like so many friends, life gets in the way and you don't see or talk to them for long periods of time.  

I met Beth when I had her daughter, Charissa, in my third grade class and then her son, Ricky, a few years later.  She was a great mom for a teacher to have for so many reasons.  So not only did I appreciate all that she did as a mom, she became a friend.  That is one of the things I love about Facebook.  It allows you to reconnect with people who mean a lot to you and Beth and I reconnected.  I also connected with Charissa and Ricky who I taught in the 80s.  They were both great kids and I was fortunate to have them in my class.  Below is the message I sent and their reply.  I will always cherish it because to me this is what being an educator is all about.

From me:



 

 

 

0 remarks: