Friday, November 26, 2021

The Sky (Er Hair) is Falling!

Actually, the title of this post should be Thanksgiving, 2021 and so much to be thankful for this year despite everything!

Yesterday we had a small but very nice Thanksgiving.  The only thing missing for me was some very good Spumanti or something, but that is a small price to pay.  The best thing for me is I was able to do a lot to help get ready for dinner.  I really felt good.

Dave, Patrick, Judy, Kerri and Cameron were here and everyone contributed to dinner.  We had a delicious turkey dinner with all of the normal trimmings.  Because the weather has been so nice, we decided to eat on the patio and use only paper plates.  Despite this, there was a lot of cleaning up to do because of the amount of cooking that still needed to be done.  Thanks to Dave, Judy and especially Patrick, the kitchen was completely cleaned. I was able to sit outside and enjoy a fire in the fire pit.  It was so nice and so peaceful.






Now to the original title.  The last two mornings when I took a shower,  I noticed a lot of hair coming out after I washed my hair.  I knew it would happen, but it has been over two weeks since the last chemo.  I had a few moments of a "pity party" but got over it quickly  After all, this is just part of the process for me to "kick cancer's butt" which I am well on my way to doing!

Good part is I don't have to worry about shaving my legs!!  I am going to start "practicing" put on my wig. As I have said before, I have a great looking wig, but knowing my own "artistic abilities," I want to make sure that I don't look like a drunken sailor when wearing it!!  

Today I am taking it easy.  Dave is golfing and will be home a bit late.  We will have leftover turkey, etc.  Tonight I will start the turkey noodle soup by boiling the carcass all night.  This is always one of my favorite parts of this dinner.

TO BE CONTINUED...........

0 remarks: