Sunday, November 28, 2021

Hair Today---Gone Tomorrow!!

I decided to make a "BALD" move today!  I can assure everyone that is was a "HAIRY" experience!  Starting Friday when I was taking a shower,  I noticed that a lot of my hair was starting to fall out.  It continued all day Saturday and I was covered with hair (the picture below was about an hour's worth).  I went to a Facebook group that I belong to with people who have endometrial cancer and asked advice about what to do.  The vast majority said to shave it off myself before it fell out on its own.  So when Dave got home from the ASU football game, we talked about it.  Patrick said that he could do it (I am sure that he was happy to truly be able to "pull my hair out" as I have often said when my kids did something I didn't like).  So this morning, we decided to get a "HEAD START" before chemo had the final say!

We got sheets to put on the floor and around me.  Dave took pictures and gave me moral support (as opposed to morals as I am still working on that.   Chemo and COVID are assisting me as I  must behave myself!)

It was a bit sad and I have to say I shed a tear or two.   However, it was also liberating as it was my choice--sort of!  I was a bit surprised at all of the gray hair.  However, I have a story for each gray hair!  But the best part is I didn't "WIG" out with the whole process.

When we were all done, Paco (my grandpug) didn't recognize me and started barking.  He is definitely in my doghouse right now.  The others were fine!

I have some really cute caps to wear so that will help me day to day.  I need to practice putting my wig on as we have a Board Meeting Tuesday night.  Doing hair is certainly not my forte.  I don't want to show up at the meeting looking like I have been on a two day binge with my wig askew!

So the "Sheila Kicks Cancer's Butt" journey continues.  I have this and will make the best of this "heady" experience!

TO BE CONTINUED.............







 



4 remarks:

Unknown said...

Made me laugh and shed a few tears! Love you friend! You need to write a book!!!

Anonymous said...

You’re a warrior!
Looking forward to seeing pictures when your hair grows back. Liz

Unknown said...

I have always loved you in hats anyway!!!!!

Unknown said...

You look AMAZING Sheila!! Love your humor in your blog. Sending love & prayers. Becky Jones