Saturday, August 17, 2019

Summer, 2019 Post 1

I am not sure why I haven't written much this year.  Writing is very therapeutic and fun for me and this past year has been wonderful for the most part.  Never in my life did I ever dream that I would find a partner in my life like Dave and that we would have the life that we have grown together.  Not only did I have to get adjusted to living with a man, but it has been 24/7 since we are both retired.  This summer it has been really that way because being in Montana meant that I didn't have any board duties to attend.  Although we have many couple of friends there because Dave has so many friends, I don't have "my own" friend.  Fortunately, we had visitors throughout the summer.

Our main goal for the summer was to get the house that Dave grew up in and his brother was living in, cleaned out, fixed up, purchased and rented.  This was a major project and Dave worked incredibly hard all summer.  We were fortunate to find a good estate sale company who basically either sold everything or was able to get rid of a lot.  But there was still a lot of work that had to be done.  Dave was only able to golf once a week because of all we had to do.

He bought the side of the house that we live in when he moved back to Butte in 2016.  His dad and uncle built the house in the early 50's and it was in an area of Butte called McQueen.  Dave and his family lived on the other side that we just bought and his cousins lived on our side.  Each side has about 3000 square feet which includes the basement.  When they were growing up the basement area was open so that the kids could ride bikes and play down there when the weather was bad.

In the late 1970's, the Anaconda company bought out all of the houses there and then sold them back to the families for $1.  The Uggetti's moved the house to the present location which is the old family dairy farm.  That is when they closed off the basement so that there are two separate houses.  

The location is absolutely beautiful and I love sitting on the deck and looking out on the Rockies and Our Lady of the Rockies.  I love going for a walk in the back up the hill. We have a little over 5 acres and he and his cousins own and additional 6 acres up the mountain behind us.  The pugs love being off the leash and getting to roam around.

We found a wonderful renter and she is going to help us with the snow in the winter.  

I love spending time there and we truly had a great summer.  Didn't get to do much traveling because of all of the work on the other house, but it was nice to be away from Arizona during the heat.










0 remarks: