Monday, October 21, 2019

Sometimes Life Sucks

Through my many years in education, I learned quickly that the school secretary was probably the most important position in a school. I was fortunate as a teacher and as a principal, to have many good secretaries (or as they now call them, admin assistants, which is probably a better term). When I became a principal, I realized how very important this position is. From 1994 until I left Gilbert El in 2010, I had the most amazing person to work with, Barb OFallon. Yesterday morning, I received a call that changed my world. Barb passed away during the night and I could not have been more stunned or heartbroken. She was with me through many good times and some not so good. She kept me in line and made me stay with the budget--not easy for me. If I needed something late at night or on a weekend, she would go in with me. The most important aspect for me was how people were treated and Barb did that with "perfection" smiling and hugging everyone no matter who they were. Today I went to Gilbert El and saw all of the flowers on her desk. She cannot be replaced ever. She loved her family with everything she had and she loved her job. I will be forever blessed to have had her in my life and to call her my friend. I loved Barb so much and I am so devastated by this news. She was truly one of a kind and I will always love that we worked together and I can always call her my friend. Her kids all went through Gilbert El and Steve is one of a kind. I will forever miss you, Barb! Sometimes life "sucks" and this is one of those times.

I am going to write more later as I have been asked to speak at the services.  My heart is truly broken.  And for my teacher friends who say don't  use the "s" word--sucks, I am using it today!!!

0 remarks: