Tuesday, October 6, 2020

A Special Visit

During my five years in Douglas, I really tried hard to get parents to understand how important it is for them to be involved in education.  I have written many times about the wonderful program "The Family Leadership Institute."  For whatever reasons, there were some people who were threatened by this.

I got to know so many wonderful parents and have continued a relationship with them since I left five years ago. 

This past weekend one of the parents, Melissa (Silva) Barraza  and her two wonderful daughters, spent the night with us.  We had a wonderful dinner and then came back to swim.  I think they all enjoyed it.  Melissa got to meet Dave and he really enjoyed hearing her stories about my time in Douglas.  Both of her girls are amazing.  On Sunday, Melissa picked up her fiance, Rob, and we got to meet him and had a late lunch.

 I so value these friendships and so value my time in Douglas.  Melissa said that some of the things we did continue because people were empowered.  I hope that is true.

Best part, I got some fresh red chili powder, tortillas, and a Mexican mask.  Love you, Melissa, and love our connection and continued relationship. 

 

1 remarks:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this amazing post. i really like it.

Mark twain quotes .

Mark twain quotes about life .