Monday, October 16, 2023

Letter to President Biden

 I just sent this to President Biden.   I am not sure that he will ever read it, but it meant a lot to me to be able to send it.  Here's hoping.


 

 

 

Dear President Biden,

 

I am writing this letter to you and I realize that you may never see it as you have so much on your plate all of the time, but especially right now.

 

I live in Arizona and come from an Irish/Catholic family who lived on the Mexican border from about 1903.   Our family have been dedicated Democrats forever.      I currently serve on the Governing Board of the Gilbert Unified School District. 

 

The reason I am writing this letter is to tell you about something that happened when you were in Arizona recently.  My dear cousin, Margaret Scott Gabaldon, died and we had her funeral on the day you came to dedicate John McCain’s Library at Arizona State University.

 

Margaret was married to Tony Gabaldon who was a Democrat and served many years in the Arizona State Senate until his death in 1998. Margaret was a rabid Democrat who was very involved in Democratic politics in the state.  She always made sure that people knew that first she was a Catholic, second she was a Democrat, and third that she was an Arizona State University fan.

 

At the end of her funeral mass at St. Mary’s Basilica in Phoenix, our family and everyone in attendance were standing in the front of the church.  Everyone was cheering and waving and it turned out it was you and your motorcade  going by right at that moment.  This could not have been scripted any better.  You may not remember, but you were also waving back.  Margaret would have been so happy that her funeral ended with you passing by.  I can speak for myself and many members of our family that this was such an incredible way to send her off. 

 

I truly hope that someone who reads this, lets you know how much this meant to all of us.   We support you and all that you stand for and thank you for your service to our country and all of your work to preserve our democracy.  You are truly a good man, President Biden, and I am proud of all that you do.

0 remarks: