Saturday, June 11, 2022

Good News and Sad News

Wednesday I had my scheduled PET Scan  to see how I am doing now that I have finished the last chemo treatment.  I think I have had every scan possible over the last nine months.  The PET Scan is very thorough and was done from the top of  my head to below my  knees.  I had one done in January and at that time I was completely clear. 

Needless to say, I was very nervous about the results.  Waiting for the results is extremely difficult.  

I was scheduled to fly to Butte on Thursday and I was very anxious to get up here.  Dave had driven earlier with the pugs and his golf clubs.   I think it was the longest we have been apart.  However, I had one more chemo. Judy stayed with  me and I made it through the rough days fairly well.

When I got to Salt Lake and turned on my phone, I had a bunch of messages.  Dave's brother, Dan, had passed away.   Although his health wasn't great, this was not expected. His sister found him and called Dave immediately.  Dave was Dan's guardian because he had some special needs.  However, he was able to live on his own.

Friday Dave and his sister had to make all of the funeral arrangements which took them all day. 

Late morning I received a phone call from Dr. Bhoola. He wanted me to know that my scan had come back and I am completely cancer free.  They are able to look at everything from the brain to the lower leg--every organ in between.  There is absolutely no cancer anywhere and everything looked really good.  Dr. Bhoola was very pleased and feels that I have responded extremely well to chemo.  He feels that I am going to be fine.  We didn't talk for long, he just wanted me to know the results and I am so grateful to him for that.  I have my regular appointment next Weds. where we will go over everything.

I was so excited but it was so hard because of what Dave was dealing with.  But we made it through it and today was a very good day!

0 remarks: