Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Summer Roundup

It has really been a long time since I have written anything on my blog.   It has been a very busy summer all the way around.   

In June, I was able to join Patrick and Eduardo with some friends in St Maarten's for a week. It was a great trip and such a beautiful island.   I love the Caribbean and so happy that I have been able to go the last two summers.

I also was able to get away with my retired administrator friends for a few really fun days in Cottonwood.   As always, it was a great time.

In July, we all went back to Virginia for the Scott Family Reunion put on my Tommy and Michelle Scott and all of their families.    We weren't sure until the last minute whether we could be able to take Teresa as there has been a big decline.    We made every effort to take her because this could possibly be the last time we can take her on a trip like this.   It was difficult and tiring for her, but she had a wonderful time which is what is most important.

In late July, went to Vegas with Elise, Jessie and my friend, Clare.   We had a great time and I actually won a little bit of money--didn't just throw it all away like has happened to me the last several times I have gone there.  

The first part of July, Judy and I made the decision that Teresa would come to live with me permanently.   It was getting confusing for her to go from one house to the other, especially at night  She can't be left alone anymore and can't do much for herself at all.    She is unable to shower, get dressed on her own, or remember to take her medication.    She only eats because we give her three meals a day.   Since she has been here, she has not prayed at all and that is when I knew things were bad.  This morning she asked if I knew where her rosary was.  I got one for her and she has been trying to say it for the last 15 minutes.     I hope that brings her some comfort.

She is happy and is always sweet to be around.   We try to keep her stimulated as much as possible.  I take her out when I go and try to get her to as many family events as possible.    Our cousin, Maggie, and her family live in Gilbert and they have been great.  My cousin, Marion, has been at Maggie's as she has really helped me out the last few weeks.

Before school started, Cameron was really helping me so I could get out during the day.  We are paying him and he is incredible with her.   Every time he goes by her, he stops and gives her a kiss.   He is so kind to her.   He continues to help me when school is out.   However, I am trying to find someone to come in to give me a few hours during the day.

I have had many jobs in my life, but I have to say that this is the hardest job I have ever had.   But it is a privilege to be able to do this for our wonderful Aunt Teresa!!!  And she loves the pugs and the pugs love her.   She has them on her lap all of the time!


1 remarks:

Jessie said...

Sheila, this is a excellent post. You are a very wonderful woman and I am blessed to know you and the family. Elise and I think about you everyday without fail.
Stay Blessed!