Tuesday, June 19, 2018

A Touching Moment from our Wedding

As I have contemplated so many things over the last six weeks with my life changing so drastically since meeting and marrying Dave, there has been so much to think about.

When we decided to get married, I knew that I wanted my kids and Cameron to be a major part of it.  

I asked both Patrick and Cameron to "give me away," but as Shawn said, no one could really give me away!



When I asked Cameron and Patrick what songs they would like to dance with me to, both of them had to think about it.  Patrick chose "Dream a Little Dream of Me" by the Mamas and Papas.  

Cameron thought it little more and then decided on "Mack the Knife" by Bobby Darin.  I asked him why and he said it was because it reminds him of Tia.  That brought tears to my eyes.

There is a story behind this.  At every family gathering, Mack the Knife is always played because it was my Aunt Dot's favorite song.  She always would request it no matter where she was.  As a result, it is always played at family gatherings, weddings, etc.

Cameron did not know this story and so he thought it was because of Teresa.  I love this!

Shea caught this picture as we finished our dance and it is probably my absolute favorite picture ever.

 

0 remarks: