Friday, June 22, 2018

Idaho and Washington Days One and Two!

Dave and I left Wednesday morning for our week long trip to Idaho, Washington, and Northwestern Montana.  This is our "third" road trip this month.  

We are on this trip to meet Dave's friends who he taught with during his years in Washington in the Yakima Valley.   He spent the majority of his career in Washington.

The morning we left Butte it was sunny for the first time since we got here last Friday.  It was actually warm (sort of).   I took Diego and Seamus to the "pet resort."  They weren't very happy about it. However, all of the reviews I read about it were excellent.  Poor guys--they have had some adjustments to make the last few months!!

The drive was beautiful through Montana and into Idaho. The countryside is so green and there is still some snow at the tops of the mountains.  The rivers were all full with some flooding.  This is hard for me to imagine.


We got to Coeur d'Alene early in the afternoon.  The lake is absolutely beautiful.


Dave and I went down to the beach. It was hot and crowded and I was still wearing my "winter" clothes.  Had to go back to the hotel and change!!!

We went to dinner with two of his friends who he taught with in Idaho many years ago.  Once again, it was so nice to get to know Dave's friends. 

Thursday morning we got up and drove to Washington.  We stopped in Prosser and had lunch with Larry and Linda.  Larry had stayed with me in March when he was in Gilbert to golf.  It was nice to meet his wife.  She is an elementary teacher and I had sent her a copy of "The Last Dance."

We drove directly to the golf course for the "golf tournament" that Dave had organized. It was so fun to meet his friends and see how much fun they had.  We got prizes for it and I was in charge of the prizes. 



The really good part for me (and there are many good parts) is that I have heard such nice things about Dave and almost everyone is in education so it makes it very easy to talk to them.  I am loving this so much and I know that I made a very wise decision when I said "yes" to Dave!!!!!

0 remarks: