Sunday, July 19, 2020

Post 2--COVID 19

I am going to start out by saying that I hate to wear a mask!!  It is not fun and fogs my glasses. I have had to figure out the right ones that I can keep on.  However,  I will wear one and continue to wear one because it is the right thing to do.  My health is good and I hope to keep it that way.

I just don't get how wearing a mask has become political.  It is beyond anything I can comprehend.  I don't understand why anyone thinks that is taking away freedom.  We have to wear clothes.  I can't imagine going out with no clothes on--that would not be a pretty sight!  Restaurants have signs that say, no shoes, no shirts, no service and have for years.  Why hasn't there been massive protests over this with people with no shoes and no shirts on?????  To my knowledge, that hasn't happened.

The SCIENTISTS are saying that if people will just comply with this, it could really make a difference in controlling this horrible virus.  Isn't it better to be inconvenienced for awhile than to be dead or living with serious conditions because of being sick with COVID?  

If we want our economy to be brought back, this seems like a very simple solution.   

Montana's Governor, Steve Bullock, mandated mask wearing last week throughout the state.  For the most part, I see people complying.  I haven't seen any demonstrations here in Butte, but that doesn't mean there haven't been.

Although Montana's cases have spiked,  it is a numerical spike because of the low numbers because the Governor had the foresight to close things down early on and then stick to a phased reopening.   I have been impressed with the way that the social distancing and cleaning has taken place and that we are able to actual do some things that we couldn't do if we lived in Arizona.

I am just saddened that we have come to this point in our society.  All of the ugliness and hate seems to be spreading as fast as the virus is.  

I want things to get back to normal.   I want our kids and teachers to get back to school.  I want sports to return as I miss watching games on television and in person.   I want to be able to travel.  But if we all don't come together,  I am deathly afraid that this is not going away anytime soon.  

 

 

0 remarks: