Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Pugmania




I think we now have "pugmania" at our house! Cameron has a pug that he named Pedro that he got in April, 2006. My cousin, Yaya, has a pug named Mo who is so cute and Cameron just loved him when we were over at her house. Our friends in Tucson, Dennis and Janet, always had pugs and absolutely love them. Once we got Pedro we experienced first hand why people love pugs. Pedro doesn't have any papers, hence the name Pedro as he is an undocumented pug!

Patrick got a pug for his birthday and his name is Pancho. Pancho is quite a character. I love both of these dogs, but still missed my Ellie dog very much.

So............For Christmas, Kerri, Cameron, and Patrick got me a little black girl pug and I named her Blanca. She is so cute and very independent. The only problem I have with her is that she doesn't want to get housebroken. The other two were very easy, but not little Blanca!!! She makes up for it, though. She sits on my lap every evening when I get home and is always so excited to see me.


Needless to say, our house is lively. The three pugs are non-stop entertainment.

We still have, Kareem, Kerri's 15 year old chow. He is not very fond of the pugs, but puts up with them. Blanca loves Kareem and I think maybe he likes her, too. He was very lonesome after Ellie died.


Over spring break, Kerri took the pugs when she went to Douglas to bring Teresa up here. Teresa was telling us a story about one day when Kerri and Cameron were gone and she fell. She said the pugs were very concerned, especially Pancho, who wouldn't leave her until she was able to get up. So I guess they do more than just make us laugh.

Kerri also took them to a pug meet-up group over spring break where they had a wonderful time. I guess I will be going with them to the next one on April 19. First there was Ellie's ashes and now pug meet-up groups.......


Blanca was in the pool on a raft this weekend. She likes it a lot. She walks on the raft to make it move. It looks as though she is surfing!!!!!!!! The other two run around the pool, but don't want to have anything to do with it. We have made sure that they know how to get out if they fall in.


I found this quote from Jerry Seinfeld. It sums it all up...........


Let's examine the dog mind: Every time you come home, he thinks it's amazing. He can't believe that you've accomplished this again. You walk in the door. The joy of it almost kills him. "He's back again! It's that guy! It's that guy!"

1 remarks:

Carol Dunton said...

LOL! This is great, Sheila! You really must get a photo of Blanca 'hanging ten' or..rather... 20! on her pool raft!
Carol