Thursday, February 15, 2018

A Special Valentine's Day


Valentine's Day was special for me. I have been doing a lot of things lately that are way out of my comfort zone in many ways. Spending time with a wonderful man has been quite an experience. Dave is so good to me and the more time we are together, the more I appreciate what he has to offer.  

We have a lot in common with our love for sports and our educational careers. He is very respectful of my role on the Governing Board and encourages me to do as much as I feel I should.  That says a lot to me.

He is currently staying in a retirement community in Apache Junction with a golf course and a lot of amenities. Last night they had a Valentine's Day Dance there with a live band. The band played a lot of songs from the 50's and 60's.  Although I haven't had much opportunity to do so, I love to dance. Many nights I put on my music and dance around the house to get my "steps" in--not a pretty sight!  However, he also likes to dance so we went last night.

We went to dinner first at a Mexican restaurant owned by an acquaintance of mine. It was super crowded, even as early as it was in the late afternoon. I generally try to avoid restaurants on Valentine's Day and this was a perfect example.

The dance was really fun with the exception of "too many old people" being there!  Haha!  I am just in denial, I am thinking!  What was really great was to see so many people having such a great time!  It was such a fun night and once again, we had a wonderful time together.

Dave leaves at the end of the month to go home to Montana. He is planning on coming back for St. Patrick's Day and I am planning a trip to see him the first part of April.  I don't know what the future will bring, but I do know that I am enjoying every minute of our time together right now!  What a nice, kind and gentle man he is! 







0 remarks: