Monday, February 19, 2018

Southeastern Arizona Adventures over President's Day Weekend

A while ago I made reservations to go to Tombstone for President's Day as Kerri and I had gone there last year and really had fun being tourists for a few days.  We had made reservations late and stayed at a not so great hotel--but it was clean and that was what was most important.  This time, I made reservations for a bed and breakfast. 

Since I have been seeing Dave quite a bit, I told Kerri that I wanted to take him down to see southeastern Arizona and my "roots" and she was okay with it.  So Dave and I left on Saturday and drove to Tombstone. The bed and breakfast was unique, as are many places in Tombstone!



We walked around Tombstone and I told him all about our family connections and the history that I know.  We had a good dinner and some drinks and had a good time.  

We did some of the typical tourist things and had this picture taken.  I love it.



We had planned to go to Bisbee on Sunday so he could see Bisbee and could meet my dear friends, Gloria and Craig. I had let my secretary in Douglas, Carol, know that we would be in the area.  She wanted to see us and I so wanted to see her. I was very hesitant to go to Douglas since we sold the house.  I wasn't sure I could do this. However, on Sunday Dave asked if I would take him to Douglas as he wanted to see where I grew up and the house.  So I said yes.  

I let Carol know we would be down there around 11ish and would meet her at the Gadsden.  I so dreaded this trip, but was hoping I would be okay being able to show Douglas to Dave.

We met Carol at the Gadsden but nothing was open so we went to the American Legion.  It was so AWESOME to visit with her.  She was my secretary, but more than that, she is my dear friend and always will be!

She brought me this beautiful "stone" in honor of being Irish and St. Patrick's Day.

After we talked and had such a wonderful time, we left and drove around Douglas.  I showed him the house and didn't fall apart.  The people who bought it are taking very good care of it.  We went by Loretto School, Douglas High School and the District Office.  We went to the cemetery as I had not seen Teresa's headstone in place yet.  He was amazed at how close everything is to Mexico.


I did well and didn't fall apart..........

Next we went to the border so I could take his picture.  He couldn't believe how close it is.


We then went to Bisbee and met Gloria and Craig, my dear friends who have a home in Bisbee, for lunch.  We had so much fun and they got along so well.  I love this picture!


After that we headed back to Tombstone.  Went for a drink as we had eaten a lot and then back to the B&B.

Today we went to Green Valley to have lunch with Dave's cousins from Montana who are here golfing (like he is).  I met his cousin, Chuck and his wife, Maura, and they were delightful.  I think that Maura and I could be great friends.  It was awesome!

We had another great time together and I am so happy he has come into my life!



0 remarks: