Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Take Me Out to the Ballgame!!

Yesterday Dave and I went to a Mariners vs. Cubs spring training game at Sloan Park in Mesa.  Sloan Park is the Cubs spring training facility and is really close to us.  I have not been to a spring training game in many, many years.  I knew that it had become really big, but WOW!  The park is amazing.

I love sports and it is fun to be able to go to games with Dave as he is a sports nut!  His team is the Mariners from his years living and teaching in Washington state. I have always liked the Cubs, but was absolutely for the Mariners.

He bought the tickets when he first came down and the seats were amazing!  We were about four rows from the field and many of the Cub players were warming up and talking to the crowd.  It was cool.  I got his great picture and you can see how close we were.


It was a beautiful day to watch a game. One of the Mariner players came up to bat and he only had a number on--no name.  And the board didn't show any of his previous statistics and he hit a grand slam home run!! I think that has to be what is so much fun during spring training--to see players trying to make the big leagues do something like hitting a grand slam!

Was looking forward the seventh inning stretch where the fans all sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." I took a video and it is funny but I can't get it to save on my blog.  Will keep trying.

When we got home, I fixed some chicken enchiladas for dinner.  I helped Dave post on Facebook (he is a bit technologically challenged).  Here is what he posted.  It means a lot and he has received several very nice messages about it.


 I am happy!





0 remarks: