Sunday, February 25, 2018

Four Fun-Filled Days!

When I retired July, 2015, I really worried about how I was going to fill my time after so many years of working.  I shouldn't have as I was really busy with many things.  Taking care of Teresa was perhaps the most important "job" I had during those two years.

For the past seven+ months, not having her in my life has been hard. So many times I want to tell her something that has happened.  Even before she passed, that was not possible because of her dementia.

I have kept very busy with Governing Board activities and with the many wonderful friends that I have.  Meeting Dave has been an incredible bonus in my life.  He is such a nice man and he treats me so well.  And the best part is that I get to be totally myself and I HAVEN'T scared him off (YET)!

On Thursday, Elise and Jessie came up from Tucson.  We had tickets for Bill Maher on Saturday night and that was the reason that they came up here.  I was so glad that they came early.  The nice part for them was that they had the entire downstairs to themselves!!!

Thursday night we went to dinner in downtown Gilbert at POMO and then went to the Hale Theater to see No, No, Nanette.  I had not been there to see anything even though it has been opened for several years.  What a nice venue and we really enjoyed the musical.

Brad and Liz Barrett were there and when I saw them, I waved to them.  At the intermission, they came over to where we were sitting.  I introduced them to Elise, Jessie and to Dave.  Brad gave Dave "a little talking to" about how he should treat me, which was hilarious! Poor Dave!  People should be lecturing me--not him!
 

We went to breakfast Friday and then to the movies in the early afternoon. Elise and Jessie went to dinner with her niece in Phoenix and Dave and I met Anna and Phil ("my" secretary when I was a sub principal).  I absolutely love both Anna and Phil and we had a such a nice time!!

Saturday morning  after I moderated a Town Hall at the District, we went to breakfast, MANY others were also thinking the same thing.  Everything was super crowded.  We ended up at the Broken Yoke.  The best part of that breakfast was the flight of Mimosas!


We met Patty Montgomery at the light rail station in Mesa and took the light rail into Phoenix for the concert. I love taking the light rail--no worries about driving or parking.

We had decided to go to dinner at an Irish Pub--Seamus Mccaffery's.  Judy and I had eaten there when we went to see Jersey Boys. It has great ambience and looks like a real pub in Ireland.


After dinner, we walked to Comerica and  had to be searched.  I must look a bit shady as of late because I had to be "wanded" as we went in.  This happened to me both on the way to and from Oakland when I went last month.  Jessie thought this was really funny!



Bill was hilarious. I really enjoy seeing him. I do not agree with him all of the time at all, but I appreciate his intelligence.  He is very irreverent!!

We got home late, but it was a good tired to be.  I have been going nonstop for days it seems.

Jessie and Elise left, but it was so good to have them here.  I always love spending time with both of them and things with Dave went very well.

Tonight we are meeting my dear friends, Sandra and Tom Sanders, for dinner at Si Senor in Chandler. Always look forward to time with them.

Dave has been so nice to me and I am very comfortable with him, which is totally unbelievable to me. I keep thinking that the timing of him coming into my life was perfect. If it had been much sooner, I would not had the time to get to know him and spend the time with him to get to know each other. He leaves next Sunday to go back to Montana, but he will be back for a week over St. Patrick's Day.  I will be going to see him the first of April. I am going to enjoy every moment while I can!  I am blessed in many, many ways!





0 remarks: