Saturday, March 3, 2018

A Week Filled with Reading



What a great week reading to GPS kiddos!  I read every single day this week and still have a few more classes to catch next week.  I read to kindergartners and to sixth graders and all in between.  It was so fun! Of course, I have my favorite books that I like to share.

For the little ones, I read "Unlovable" which is about a pug.  I tell the kids about why I want to read about pugs and they love it. I also like to read "The Rooster Who Would Not Be Quiet" by my friend and favorite author, Carmen Agra Deedy as well as "A Fine, Fine School" by Sharon Creech.  This book appeals to all grade levels. 

The two books that I love to share the most are "The Last Dance" and "The Language of Doves." Both of these books are for the older grades.  I love to read these books and have complete silence as the children really listen to the message in both books.  It is hard for me not to get teary when I read them.  Many times, I see a little tear in the teachers' eyes as most are not familiar with them.  My favorite, though, was when I started to read "The Last Dance" for Kerri's fourth graders and she started to cry.  I had a hard time getting through it, too.  She knows the importance of this book and knows the story.






Although I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning, it was well worth reading all week.  Yesterday alone, I read 19 times!  Wow!!

I love being able to do this and love to get to know the teachers and kiddos in our wonderful district.  

I will say it again, I am blessed!!

 

0 remarks: