Sunday, March 18, 2018

St. Patrick's Day 2018

I always love to have a party at my house as it is great for parties! When I was a principal, my staff always wanted to have parties here. I have wanted to have a St. Patrick's Day party for awhile, but the last few years it was a bit difficult to have any parties.

So this year I decided that I would definitely have a party on my favorite holiday.  In addition, Dave was planning on being back for this week and I figured this would be a real test for our relationship--if he was still with me after this party, all would be good as I love to have a GOOD time and I put the FU in FUN!

I had originally thought I would do a potato bar but then figured I had no idea how many people would be here so decided on my "tried and true" chili beans.  They are always a hit and I can feed a lot of people fairly inexpensively.

Many people came to the party and it was awesome.  There were former administrators from GPS, current ones, many teachers, retired and still working, secretaries, former parents and students (now adults) from Gilbert El, people who worked on my campaign for school board, secretaries I worked with, neighbors, etc. Many people hadn't seen each other in a long time and it was obvious they enjoyed each other.

One of the highlights was the best team I ever worked with when I taught third grade at Patterson were all here.  Patty Montgomery, Dotty Hall, Ann Brabec and I have been friends for 30 plus years.  Patty had our picture taken and it was so fun to be with them.



My house is perfect for parties.  Shenanigans, my Irish Pub, really looks like a pub.  I have many signs, lights, a pool table and most importantly--a karaoke machine with a lot of songs!


Lots of people were downstairs singing--not always a real pleasant sound-haha!  It was cool enough out in the back by the pool that we built a very nice fire.  Many people sat around the fire and talked.  We had some very nice music on (mostly Irish--St. Pat's Day after all).





In the house, a lot of people sat and talked and watched March Madness.  When I was setting things up, I told Dave about how Teresa loved to come to my parties and sit in the one chair in the living room. I always put another chair by it and during gatherings, my friends would come sit and talk to her.  Tom M. mentioned that.  He said it was Teresa's chair and it was so neat how everyone would sit for a time and chat with her. It made me teary for the umpteenth time!

It was a great night and it was obvious people had fun as the last left after 11 and it started at 6!!

Dave got to meet so many people and he got the "seal of approval" from many of them.  He has a golf date tomorrow morning with a couple of the guys.

Today I received many texts and emails from friends saying what a good time they had, which makes me happy!

The house wasn't too bad to clean up and it was nice to have Dave's help. He really pitches in, which is so nice for me and another unexpected bonus.

We went to 11 o'clock mass at St. Anne's.  It is very important to him that he has a partner to go with him and I was very happy to be there. It was a high mass-interesting--and I think we will probably try to go to a different mass in the future.

And the best part--he is still here today.  He had a great time and told me he cares for me even more!  

I have spent St. Patrick's Day in Ireland twice, New York, San Francisco, and Chicago.  All were great, but I think that maybe this was the best one ever!   

Thank you, Dave Uggetti, for coming into my life and loving me--flaws and all!!!  I am going to miss you when you go back to Butte on Wednesday, but it is only eight days before I go there for Easter!

0 remarks: