Thursday, March 22, 2018

A Wonderful Week!

I took Dave to the airport yesterday afternoon after a WONDERFUL week at many levels!!! It was once again hard to say good-bye.  I was teary all the way home.  Not something I had ever expected.  The good part is that I will be going to Butte next Thursday for a week.

The week went fast as opposed to the little over a week waiting for him to get here which went very slow.  I am trying to keep busy for the next few days, which isn't hard for me.  Today I am heading to read in a first and fifth grade class.  I missed two of my dearest friends during Dr. Seuss week and will make it up today.

Something that was really important to me was for Dave to meet my Phoenix cousins. I want him to meet several of my cousins, but the ones here were of the most importance right now.

On Tuesday after my noon board meeting, we headed over to Yaya's house to meet Yaya, Pat, Cecilia and Jay for lunch. Yaya lives in the Roosevelt District and there are so many places to walk to there now.

After we got our lunch, we did a toast and talked.  I had warned Dave about what might be asked.......  He has already been through a few of these before.  Well, the first thing Cecilia said to him was "Thank you for taking Sheila off of our hands, Dave."  Of course!!!!  The conversation went very well and they hit it off and I got their approval!!

After that we went to pick up two of his friends at Williams Gateway Airport. Dave's friends were coming in from Washington to golf.  He taught with Larry and knows Gary well, too.  Both are retired--Larry as a teacher and Gary as a Lutheran Minister.  I promised Dave I would behave, but there were no worries as they are very fun!

They took us to dinner and then we drove them out to San Tan Valley to pick up a car.  Because of spring training, etc., it is hard to find a place to stay that is reasonably priced.  Larry had found an AirB&B, but was a bit worried about it. I told them that they could stay with us, but the toilet downstairs needs to be fixed.

We dropped them off and got home.  Around 10:30, I got a text from Larry. The place they had rented was pretty bad so they got a hotel room for the night.  Larry told me that he was good at plumbing and could fix the toilet.

So yesterday they came over with all of their gear.  They went golfing and I took Dave to the airport.  I had a Town Hall at the district so had to go, but got back to a great steak that they had barbecued!

In the course of our conversation, Larry told me about his niece who lives here in the valley.  Turns out she works in the same office as Cecilia's daughter, Annie, at Phoenix Country Day.  Annie thinks the world of her!  What a small, small world it is!!

Gary and Larry are currently fixing the toilet and then going golfing later in the day.  I am heading out in a few to read to kiddos!

My life has always been filled with many adventures.  However, I am really liking this one!!


0 remarks: