Sunday, March 11, 2018

Maria Shriver--Someone I admire a whole bunch!!

Growing up our family loved the Kennedys.  So much of my childhood memories have to do with politics because of my mom.  She was so excited that JFK became president.  I have posted a lot about it through the years.

I loved Bobby Kennedy. I recently bought the latest biography on Bobby Kennedy to listen to when I walk. I loved what he stood for and his caring for the underdog.  I loved how he evolved through the years and have read almost every book about him.  I believe that he would have made a wonderful president.

When I went to the ASCD Convention in Chicago a few years ago, Tim Shriver was there doing a presentation on the Special Olympics.  I went to  his session and it was at the end of the conference and very few people were there. I was in awe!

I have always admired Caroline Kennedy and Maria Shriver.  Over the last year or so, I have subscribed to Maria's Sunday paper and it is the first thing I read when I get up on Sunday mornings.  I look forward to it and her insight.  I often post one of her quotes (like the one above) on Facebook.

She has a new book out that comes from her Sunday paper.  I was intending to purchase it and then found out that she was going to be at Changing Hands Bookstore in Phoenix.  I called Yaya to see if she wanted to go with me and she did.  So did Patty Montgomery.

So Patty came over and we drove into Phoenix to pick up Yaya and go yesterday morning.  I was so excited!

We got there and got our books and Yaya knows the owners so we were RIGHT IN THE FIRST ROW!

Maria is beautiful and she was so gracious.  I so wanted to talk to her, but know that would not have been appropriate! Maybe someday I will get a chance... I am an optimist and I have been able to do things like this in the past. 

She was here for an event at Barrows on Alzheimer's.  I love that she has done so much work on this awful disease. 



This quote was last week and I love it.  It speaks volumes!

0 remarks: