Wednesday, March 14, 2018

He's Back and Bearing Gifts!

Dave got back this evening.  I was so looking forward to him being here.  Unfortunately, he missed his connection in Salt Lake City and was almost five hours late.  It is so good to have him here.

He brought me two gifts that are awesome, but one in particular means a lot.

The first one is a St. Patrick's Day t-shirt that says "Butteiful" and it is a map of Montana with the Shamrock right where Butte is.  I love it.

The second gift is the one that means the most to me.  Dave had told me that when he was in high school he was part of two state championship football teams in the largest division in Montana.  He said that he played safety and got in to games after the score was "good."  And as I told him, it doesn't matter, he was on the team and that is what is most important.

They received a gold-plated football for winning the championship. It says MHSA (Montana High School Association) State Football Champions 1967.  Although Dave is a little younger than I am, I graduated in 1967.  He had it put on a beautiful gold chain.   I will wear it near and dear to my heart!!  


I love both gifts because he knows what is important to me.  The football is something that he values and the fact that he gave it to me means a whole lot!!!

I have missed him a lot and I am so glad he is "home."

Here are pictures:



0 remarks: