Monday, March 5, 2018

Cousins

I have some cousins who are like sisters (and brothers) to me.  I love them and love having them in my life. Two of my California cousins, Ted and Jean, read my blog and sent me messages about being really happy for me meeting Dave.

I have talked with Cecilia about Dave quite often.  She was the first one I told about about him (other than Judy and my kids).  We talked today about finding a time for us to meet when Dave is back here next week.  I want to have her, Jay, Yaya and Pat over for dinner so that they can meet. I also texted my cousin Marion and asked her to read my blog earlier today. When I was in California, I told my cousin, Rosemary, about Dave.

Dave comes from a large Italian Catholic family which is much like or Irish Catholic one.  He also has cousins who mean a lot to him.  I met his cousin, Chuck and Chuck's wife, Maura, over President's Day weekend.  They were awesome and as I said in a previous blog post, I think we could be great friends.

Today Dave stopped in Salt Lake City to have lunch with his cousin, Gary.  Gary sent me the absolute nicest message on Facebook. When I read it, I got teary (again).  I love getting to know his cousins and the fact that they want to get to know me.

Here is what Gary said--"Sheila, Dave is my first cousin. So HAPPY THE 2 of you met. We just had lunch in Salt Lake- it makes me so pleased you enjoyed your time together & are have plans for the next couple months. He raved about you. 👍 Hope to meet you soon. Cousin Gary."

0 remarks: