Friday, April 13, 2018

A Very Emotional Week!

This past week has been a very emotional week for me at so many levels.  I am very happy about how things are going in my life, but there are a lot of changes and there will be a lot of changes in the next few months--good ones!

I ordered pizza on Monday for my Tiger Buddy's class at Gilbert El.  She has been working really hard and earned this for us to be able to have a party with her class.  The young man who answered the phone was darling and I got everything ordered.  When he asked my name, he got excited and said that I was his elementary principal.  I asked his name and he said I probably wouldn't remember him, but I did.  We had a nice chat.  That is what I love about my educational career.

I have been single for 39 years.  I have not had to share my personal life with anyone.  This week I started to clean out drawers and a closet to make room for Dave.  It all of a sudden hit me what was going on in my life.  I am very happy and can hardly wait for us to be together, but this really put everything into perspective.

I also started to make a decision about something for the wedding reception and realized that I needed to ask his opinion since we are in this together and it was something that was going to cost a bit of money.  That was a first for me in a VERY long time. So I called him and as usual, he was wonderful!  

So I have shed a few tears (the good kind) and continue to be amazed at the incredible man who has come into my life.

Tuesday night at our board meeting, I took a lot of "harassment" from Shane and Reed over my screen saver.  I have Dave's and my picture on it and they were both relentless!! I am going to have to change seats and sit between two other people!!!!

Last night GPS had the Educator of the Year Awards.  This year, it included an administrator and support staff in addition to teachers.  It was an incredible ceremony!  

I was able to be on the stage to greet each nominee and to have our picture taken.  I was also asked to say a few  words.  I don't have a problem speaking in public, but I absolutely know that there is no need for a lot of words.  So I spoke about how honored I was to be there.   For me, it was personally even more amazing.  Several of the teachers and support staff had worked for me during my 39 years in the District.  And one teacher was a former student at Patterson and another was the wife of one of my students at Patterson!

I also knew so many people and got so many hugs and thank yous!!  It was a great evening.

I came home and tried to unwind.  I had a small issue with my stomach and didn't feel very well.  I decided with everything going on, I should probably get it checked out with the doctor.  I am glad I did as it is nothing serious, just too much going on in my life right now.  I need to slow down a bit!!

But I did say last night that I now had 47 years in education and wanted to make it to 50. For that to happen, I will have to run for another term.  It is a good thing Dave is so supportive of this.  I am so thankful for this wonderful man!!!

0 remarks: