Sunday, April 22, 2018

Sunday, April 22, 2018--Dave Arrives for our Lifetime!

I have written much over the last few weeks about all of the different emotions I have felt because of having Dave in my life.

Yesterday, I went to a wonderful retirement breakfast for three incredible Instructional Assistants from Gilbert El.  It was absolutely heartwarming to be with so many people I worked with through the years and who I care for very deeply.  I shed a few tears.

I then picked up my car at Discount Tires--have had a nail in both back tires over the last few weeks--weird.

Went to Frys as I hadn't been to the grocery store in quite some time and needed a few necessary items!!!

When I got home, I actually took a nap.  That doesn't happen very often.  I have been going a little too much lately and it has caught up with me.

After I woke up, I had a few things to do around the house to get everything ready for Dave's arrival today.  

I all of a sudden realized that last night was truly my last night of this very long phase of my life--being single.  My friend, Carol, came to the rescue and we went out for a few drinks and a cheese crisp and some great conversation.

In 10 minutes, I leave for the airport to pick up Dave.  I can hardly wait to see him and know that we aren't going to be doing the back and forth that we have been doing since the first part of March.  I have missed him when we weren't together and the weeks have seemed long, as opposed to the weeks we have spent together.  They have gone way to quickly.

Today, the life that I knew will change forever.  While that scares me a bit, it makes me so happy at the same time!  Thirty-nine years of being single is a very long time.  It will take some adjustments--probably mostly on my part.  But I look forward to it at so many levels.

Today, this wonderful man will be here with me in Gilbert.  I am so blessed to have found a soulmate at this time in our lives.  Today begins a new journey sharing my life with someone that I love so much.  Today is a very good day!!

0 remarks: