Wednesday, May 2, 2018

FUN FILLED DAYS!






Those of  you who know me, understand that I LOVE to have fun!  I can usually find fun in just about anything I have ever done.  I believe that is why I have always loved every job I have had--because I have found the "fun" in it.  

This doesn't mean that I don't take things seriously, because I do very much.  I have always been passionate about the work that I have done and the importance of that work.  But I have always found time to laugh.

On Wednesday, my retired administrator friends and I went on one of our three or four overnights each year.  These ladies "saved" me so much during some difficult times when I was in Douglas.   And we always have so much fun.  We plan way in advance as all of us  have busy lives.  I have missed the last two outings due to circumstances I couldn't control, but there was no way I was going to miss this one.  Unfortunately, my dear friend, Jill, lost her dad last week and she wasn't able to join us.  But she was there in spirit, as were we with her in spirit in Iowa. 

When we planned this several months ago, I had just started seeing Dave.  I would never have thought that this trip would have been a "bachelorette" party at it's finest.   They totally surprised me.  In between the laughter, I shed a lot of tears.  

They had many funny gifts for me and we laughed a lot.  However, the beautiful bracelets that they gave me will be worn by me often and at the wedding.   One was for our friendship, one was the bride, one was the Claddaugh and one a four leaf clover.

We had so much fun.   I think that they had as much fun as I did.  These women mean the world to me!




When I got home on Friday, we had a "couples" party so others could meet Dave.  It was a totally awesome time.  Lots of people came and it could not have been more fun.  I will write more when I can post some pictures from that evening.

What a whirlwind!!!
 

0 remarks: