Friday, May 11, 2018

Honeymoon in Bisbee

Dave and I decided to go to Bisbee for our honeymoon.  I love Bisbee and I knew he would to as it is similar to Butte, where he grew up with the copper mining roots.

I asked our friends, Gloria and Craig, if we could rent "The Brothel" which is a little house on their property on Brewery Gulch.  Not only did they say yes, they gave us the use of it as a wedding gift.  They also included a gift certificate for my favorite restaurant, Cafe Roka.

We couldn't leave until Weds. morning as I had a board meeting on Tuesday night.  We got to Bisbee around 2:30 and unloaded everything.  

Dave opened up the refrigerator and here is what was waiting for us.




We were touched once again by their generosity and thoughtfulness at so many levels.




We walked down and had dinner at The Table, which is a very good.  Bisbee wasn't crowded on a Weds. evening which was nice. 

Thursday Dave wanted to go golfing.  I know nothing about golfing, but I went along as the cart driver.  He played 18 holes and I actually learned a lot about golf.  The course down here is in Naco which is right on the border.  Much of the course is also in the desert.  We saw coyotes, quail and roadrunners.  There were very few people out so we had it almost to ourselves.  Although it was warm, it was peaceful and the views are gorgeous.  Dave really liked it and said it was a tough course for the first time.



When we got back to the house, Dave took a shower and rested. I had made reservations for Cafe Roka. It is one of my absolute favorite restaurants anywhere.  When we got there, we were taken to a very private table as Gloria had called ahead.  They brought us starters as a "gift" and then we had the four courses.  I had gnocchi and Dave had an incredible filet.  The waitress was incredibly attentive to us.  They then brought us dessert.  Gloria and Craig had given us a gift certificate for it, which was way more than they should have done with everything else. I know Sally, the owner, and she was there so we were able to visit a bit.



We came back and opened the bottle of champagne and sat outside for a long time listening to music and watching the stars and just talking. It couldn't have been any nicer or more romantic. 

This morning I am sitting here writing on my blog and watching Dave fix my coffee and breakfast.  This is so hard for me to get used to as I have never had anyone treat me like this ever.  I love this man!

This evening we are headed for Douglas for a reception down there for the many wonderful people I value.  I want them to meet Dave.

0 remarks: