Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Musings from Montana

What a wonderful week I  had in Montana!!!  It is absolutely beautiful there.  Although it was snowing when I left on Thursday, I truly hated to leave and not be with Dave. He isn't going to be here in Arizona until April 22 and this is the longest we have been apart. But then he will be here for good!!!!!

However, he needs to have a procedure done on his back before he can come to Arizona. The most important thing for me is that he isn't in any pain.  The second most important is that he gets here really soon!  I miss him tons.

The week in Montana flew by fast.  I absolutely love Butte.  It is beautiful and everyone was so friendly and so nice.  It reminds me so much of growing up in Douglas and the influence of the copper mines, etc.

I got to meet a lot of his friends and family.  What touched me the most were the things that were said about Dave to me and how lucky I am to have him in my life.  I knew that, but it was so nice to hear anyway.

We did a couple of tours of the town.  One evening, one of his teacher friends from Idaho and his wife came into town.  We went to dinner with them and had fun.

My dear friend, Patty Montgomery, and her husband, Don, spent Monday night with us.  We did another tour and then went to have a drink at this really cool distillery.  We went to dinner Monday night at Metals Sports Grill, which is an old bank and watched the NCAA basketball game.



Normally when I do a vacation, I try to write each day.  For some reason, that didn't happen.

Tuesday we went to Fairmont Hot Springs to swim.  I was not really thrilled to think of swimming when there is snow on the ground.  They have an outdoor pool and there were actually people swimming in it!  WOW!!

We went to the indoor one and it was amazing.  The water was so warm and it felt so good.




Another cool thing is he went to Butte High and they are the Bulldogs, just like I was a Bulldog from Douglas High.  Here is a picture of their football stadium.

My most favorite thing to do, though, was to sit on the couch and look out the picture window at the beautiful, snow covered Rockies.  It is so peaceful and so incredibly pretty.  There is a statue of Our Lady of the Rockies that you can see from the house.  The snow was so pretty, but it was very hard for me to wrap my Arizona brain around snow in April.

I loved getting to see Dave's roots.  We plan to spend time there in the summers (which I think are about like Arizona winters).  But the rest of the time we are here in Arizona.  He loves to golf and I have my Governing Board commitment that is so important to me and he GETS it.

This is the longest we have been apart.  Fortunately, I am really busy and hope it will make the time go faster.

I love this man so much and I am so thankful he came into my life.  What a gift we have been given!  We will enjoy it as long  as we can, I have no doubt!



0 remarks: