Thursday, June 17, 2021

50 Years of Wedded Bliss!!

 




As I get older, more and more times I am invited or am able to congratulate friends and relatives on their 50th wedding anniversary.   All I can say is that in this day and age, that is an amazing accomplishment.  

On May 29th, we were able to celebrate my cousin (sister) Cecilia's and Jay's 50th.  It doesn't seem possible.  However, their marriage is one that I have always admired and have been in awe of the relationship they have.

Cecilia and I have been the best of friends for over 50 years.  I remember her dating different people through the years.  When I was first at ASU and so homesick, she would pick me up on Fridays and I would spend the weekend with them.  It was so much fun!  Cecilia knew (and still knows) how to have a good time. 

I remember when she and Jay first started dating.  It was obvious how much they cared about each other and in my opinion, it was a perfect match.

Throughout the years, my kids and hers were together much of the time when growing up and beyond. They were like first cousins.  Many of our holidays have been spent with the Phoenix cousins.

Cecilia and Jay are truly two of the best people I have ever known and I know that they are a phone call away if I ever need them (and that has happened many times)!

I know that this anniversary was bittersweet for Cecilia as she had just lost her dear sister, Marion, the week before and the funeral was on Thursday.  However, I am so glad that her kids went ahead with the fun evening to celebrate them.  I know Marion would have wanted that.

Lots of love to you both and your wonderful kids.  Thanks for always being there for me.  I can't ever express how much you both mean to me!


0 remarks: