Sunday, June 20, 2021

Happy Father's Day to Dave!

 



My kids have never had a father figure in their lives until Dave.  It didn't happen until they were grown up and in they were adults.  I know at first it was difficult because I had raised them on my own and had been divorced for 39 years.  Dave never had children, but his many years in education has been so important.  That and his inherent kindness and acceptance has been such a blessing in my life. If it wasn't for Dave, I would not have been able to help them  with anything these past few years.

This past year has been exceptionally difficult with some issues that have been very hard to deal with.  Dave has been patient, supportive and loving to me and to our family.   He has been my rock and what we have been through and his continued love means so much to me.

And he has become a stepdad to our pugs. They are now Diego Uggetti and Seamus Uggetti according to the vet!!  They absolutely love him, as do the grandpugs.

I don't know what I would do without this wonderful man in my life.  He has helped me keep somewhat sane (and that is a big job)!  I am eternally grateful that he came into my life and I love how we get along and the life that we share.  Happy Father's Day to a man who stepped in to a rough situation and has done everything to make our lives better. Dave is a very good man!!!

0 remarks: