Friday, June 18, 2021

A Dream Come True for Me


 

Ever since I was a little kid, I always wanted a go cart or something like that  I remember always wanted to be able to drive.  My mom taught all of us (the cousins) to drive around the cabin way before we were able to get our driver's license.  In those days, it wasn't a big deal.  I started learning to drive when I was 13 and was able to drive right out of Douglas all the way to the cabin way before I had my license.  I will always remember when I turned 16 and had to wait a few days for the MVD to be open to get my really Driver's License.  

Through the years, I always wanted to go to do go carts or do anything with an ATV.  I never had many opportunities but it was in my blood.  I could never afford to buy anything so I just had to hope that someday maybe I could have something.

When my dear friend, Dottie, invited us to their home in Rocky Point, my favorite part was getting to take the ATV's on the beach and up the hill.  I loved it.

When Dave and I got married and started spending time in Butte, I loved how everyone drives their side by sides around town.  He isn't into that as golf is his passion.  So I had to do a lot of talking (and groveling).  

Last 4th of July, we went up to his cousins' house high above Butte.  John Casey took me out on their side by side and I was totally and truly hooked (yes, it is John's fault)!

So for the last year, I have whined and groveled.  When Dave had his back surgery, I was his nurse.  Being a nurse is definitely not my gig, but I did it and did it well.  So when we got to Butte, Dave decided that between his golfing and me being a nurse, I should be able to find a side by side. We looked into ones that were used and for sale and many of them were very expensive and way more sophisticated for someone like me.

Last Friday, we went to Staacks here in Butte. Dave went to high school with the owner.  We were able to get a great deal on a brand new one that is perfect for a beginner like me.  I absolutely love driving it.  I am trying to find trails and have had some help from his family.  However, it is street ready so I am driving it all over.  I caused quite a stir earlier this week when I went to pick up groceries at WalMart.  It has been fun.  I have found a trail (and there are so many around here) and am hoping to try it out tomorrow or Sunday.   

As I said, it is a dream come true for me.   Thank you, Dave!!


0 remarks: