Thursday, July 5, 2018

Fourth of July--Family and Friends

We have had a great few days with Dave's family for Fourth of July parties!  We were invited to some cousins on Tuesday night to watch the fireworks.  Butte does them on the evening of the third.

These cousins have a brand new and very beautiful home out of town.  It was an absolutely view.  I brought the green chili rice and it was a hit and requested for the next day.  




Because of the weather here, people have really big garages.   As a result, that is where the parties take place--plus outside.  They have tables and chairs set up inside and whoever wants to sit out, can.   We just brought our own chairs and drinks.

Two of the "cousins" ran into Dave when he ordered my ring here.  They immediately wanted to see it.  The good things is that they are all Irish and understood what it means to me.

I love his family!  They remind me SO much of our family.  Everyone is so friendly and I was accepted right away as part of the family.  

Yesterday we got up and went to the parade.  We parked at his cousins' house where the party was going to be after and walked about a block to watch the parade.  It was a typical small town parade--really fun.  Senator John Tester was there driving a tractor.  He is up for re-election.  He is a former teacher and a farmer.  He student taught at the same school where Dave was a teacher years ago.  He was a music teacher which I think is kind of cool for a U.S. Senator.  He got a LOT of applause when he went by.






After the parade, we went to Carol's and Pierce's house for a barbecue. I met a few more cousins and once again had a great time.  They all have a wonderful sense of humor and know how to throw a party.  

It is so nice to have so many relatives close by.  And it is so nice that they have welcomed me into the family.  I can relate to how Dave feels meeting all of my family and friends!!!!!

0 remarks: