Thursday, February 10, 2022

Four Down--Twenty Three to Go!

Today was the first day that I drove myself to radiation..   After the doctor's appointment yesterday, I am finally so relieved that all my preparation is going to work  and I won't have to worry about that anymore.  I really do feel good. I get a bit overtired if I push it, but driving to this appointment is really not a problem.  Dave is more than willing to drive me and I had to convince him that I could do it myself.   I promised him that if I felt the least bit tired or shaky, I wouldn't even attempt it.  I do know my limitations and I am not going to take any chances.  It is about a 20 minute drive, a 20 minute treatment and then drive home.   There isn't much traffic at the time I go so it was easy.

The hardest part for me was that I have to get up at 7:00 (not in my retirement goals) and start drinking water in order to fill the bladder.  It takes between 60 and 90 minutes for that to happen.  Believe me, it isn't on my list of things to continue when this is over.  I can honestly say that it truly does take this amount of time with water.   I was going to ask the doctor if I could drink Coors Light instead because I have never had one when I didn't have to go the bathroom immediately.   I was fairly sure he would say NO, so decided to skip that question--maybe next Wednesday when we meet again!

I took a shower, put on my  BIG GIRL DEPENDS (just in case the water decided it didn't need that much time), got dressed and headed to the doctor's office.  There were no problems whatsoever and the radiation went fine.

I will have to make up for the two that didn't work last week, but that is just a blip in the overall scheme of things that I can handle.  I am just so relieved that we  were able to get everything worked out yesterday.   I am supposed to keep my stress level to a minimum as much as I can (which is harder than one would think), but this definitely has been a plus not to worry about.

Got home all in one piece and was able to do a few things around the house before the fatigue set in.   So right now I am resting.   My dear friend, Jill, is coming over early this afternoon and we hope to go out for a bit to someplace close that has an outdoor patio.  For me, the social isolation has been the most difficult part to handle.  So I am definitely resting for my time with Jill as we always have fun and she has been such a good friend and such a support to me during these past months.

So THANKFUL THURSDAY for me!

TO BE CONTINUED........................!

0 remarks: