Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Wonderful Wednesday News

The last week has been frustrating with starting radiation and having some issues that can't be discussed on social media (at least I am not willing to discuss them).   Last Friday, they stopped the radiation about three minutes into it because I had some internal issues that I had to take care of. Needless to say, I was upset and disappointed.  The doctor called me Friday as soon as I got home and told me what to do for the weekend to prepare for Monday.  It was not a fun weekend as I was very worried even though he told me not to worry and we would get it worked out.  So this past weekend was not one of my best.   Worry is not a good thing when undergoing cancer treatment--nor anything else.

I did everything the doctor said to do over the weekend.  My appointment is at 9:10 every morning so I am getting up and drinking water at 7:00.   Believe me, drinking several glasses of water that early in the morning isn't my idea the way to start out the day.  However whatever it takes I will do.

Monday morning I was so nervous when they started the treatment, but everything went smoothly.  Same thing for both Tuesday and today---I did everything right.  

Wednesday is my "doctor" day and they let Dave come in with me.  We first went over all of the issues regarding the radiation and worked on a continued plan which will be much easier for me to maintain.  I am behind two treatments, but they will be made up later.  I need a total of 27 and I have had three successfully so need 24 more.  Before my appointment, the thought of 24 more almost did me in.   He said I may need a break sometime during the treatment but we would decide that as we go along.  After the 27 treatments, I will get a week's rest and then two brachytherapy sessions in one week and another the following week.   Will get a bit of a rest and then finish the last three chemo sessions.  I must say that chemo for me is a piece of cake compared to radiation.  Never knew that.

Then we went over the results of the PET Scan which he had called me about to tell me it came out very positive.  AND IT WAS EXTREMELY POSITIVE.  I love both my doctors, but this doctor is no nonsense and he couldn't have been more positive about how things are going and feels that I have an excellent prognosis.  

After I got home, I was planning on going to lunch at my dear friend, Bonnie's house.  I drove over to Mary's house and met Judy and Dotty and we all drove together to Bonnie's.    What a wonderful time we had.  We all taught together at Patterson many years.   We laughed and reminisced and had a wonderful time.   It was "food for my soul" as I haven't gotten out much.

WHAT A WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!!!


TO BE CONTINUED...............!

 

0 remarks: