Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Good News in the Year of the Tiger!

 


Just after eight o'clock this morning, I received a call from Dr. Chowdery, my radiation oncologist.  He just wanted to let me know  the results of the PET scan from last Friday.  He told me that everything was clear and looked very good.  He also said that he knew I was worried and wanted me to know about the results to ease my tension.  I hung up and cried--not just for the good news, but for the kindness of this doctor who is very busy and wanted to alleviate my stress.

When I had the scan in December, there was something in a lower lung lobe and something in two areas in my spine.  The radiologist who read that scan, stated that he felt that one was a "bone island?" and the other just possibly a small infection.  However, because of the cancer, he recommended that another scan done (which was the PET Scan) to rule any issues out.  Dr. Chowdery agreed with him.  He also felt that there were no problems, but it was best to make sure.

Needless to say, this was such a relief in so many ways.  I didn't say much to anyone, but I was worried.  I had a lot of questions for the doctor, but I didn't want to take up his time because I knew he just made the call to alleviate my  worries.

Today is the beginning of the Chinese New Year.  I normally don't pay much attention to it, but saw several posts on Facebook about it being the "Year of the Tiger."  For me, that is an excellent omen.   My 21 years as principal of  the Gilbert Elementary TIGERS were the 21 best years of my career (I loved everywhere I was, but Gilbert El was special).  So I am positive that this "Year of the Tiger" is going to bring me health and be an incredible year for me!


 

TO BE CONTINUED................!



 

0 remarks: