Friday, February 11, 2022

Social Media During This Journey

I have avoided putting anything on Facebook during this journey for a variety of reasons.  I have only shared anything with the wonderful group of people I belong to on Rita's Virtual Diner.   None of them live in Arizona and they have all been supportive.

I have loved Facebook for the connections and being able to reconnect with friends and former classmates.  Unfortunately, in today's politicized environment, a lot of people have no qualms about saying anything that they want no matter what kind of hurt it could bring.   

And that is why I am blogging this.  Anyone can get to my blog, but it isn't out there everywhere.  Plus writing is helpful to me.

Judy's birthday is Jan. 31 and she asked if she could post something.   She doesn't have the "following" I do.  Hers is mostly just good friends.  I was fine with her posting something and in her typical way, what she wrote was amazing.   I was totally fine with it and all the people who responded were so supportive and kind. 

For some reason, I didn't put it on my blog.  It touched my heart and I want to have it available for anytime I want to read it or if anyone else wants to read it.  

Here is what she posted:

Dear Family and Friends,
Monday is my birthday and all I want this year is prayers and support for my sister, Sheila. Sheila was diagnosed with Stage 3 cancer a few months ago. She and her doctors remain positive about her recovery. She continues to serve on the school board of the Gilbert Scool District with love and courage. However, her chemo and radiation treatments have brought many challenges that she faces with the same determination to make things better, as she has always done in her life. Please surround her with your love and support…

 I love this and thank her for it.
 
TO BE CONTINUED...............! 

 

0 remarks: