Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Good Friends, Good Times

I have written many times about the friendship I have with Elise and Jessie who live in Tucson.  They have been such dear friends and have been there for me through thick and thin.  Elise and her sister, Ann, lived across the street from us in Douglas when we were very young.  I don't know the exact number of years, but we have been friends for over 60 years.  Not many people can say that.
 
Like many friendships, there were times we saw a lot of each other and then there were years where we hardly did.  But it has never mattered.
 
When Judy had my 60th birthday party, Elise, Jessie and Elise's mom, Marge, came.  I went to Marge's birthday party a few years later and then to her memorial service.
 
During my five years in Douglas, Elise and Jessie were a gift for many reasons.  I spent time with them in Tucson to get away, which was greatly needed.  Every year, we go to the cabin for a few days at least twice.   We went this past fall and have a trip planned for April.  They will be up in February as we are going to see Bill Maher. Needless to say, I look forward to being with them. 
 
I went to Tucson on Saturday and stayed until Sunday.  We sat around and talked in the afternoon and then went to dinner at our favorite place when I go down--The Outback Steakhouse.  Unfortunately, food hasn't tasted very good to me lately and I didn't get to enjoy my prime rib like I usually do.
 
Elise's daughter, Tanyge, came with us and spent the night.  I have gotten to know her and she is fun.
 
Elise and Jessie had this sign waiting for us when we got there.
 
 
Needless to say, I had another great visit and look forward to seeing them again in February (if not sooner)!
 

Here is a picture of Elise and her precious son, Chris.  Elise and Jessie are both so dedicated to his care.  I admire them MUCHO!
 
The only "problem" that I have when I go down there, is I have to sleep on a bed with a U of A bedspread!!!  The sacrifices we make for our good friends............
 
 

0 remarks: