Saturday, January 20, 2018

Twenty Eight Years

Twenty eight years ago today, we moved into our house on Gary Way in Gilbert.  I remember being so excited to have this new house that I had a lot of input into it being built.  I wanted a house with a basement so that we could have a pool table and a fun place to be.

At the time, there were very few houses in the area.  I was able to choose the lot as well as the floor plan.  The houses are really close together and I was able to get a corner lot with no houses on one side or in the back.  That has proven to be a really good thing.

Having had the house in Douglas for almost 100 years in our family, it is still a milestone to live in the same house for 28 years.  I love my house and I love the area that we are in.

As I grow older, this location will be great as there are so many stores, etc., close by.

I have been here by myself (for the most part) since mid-October.  I love having the house just to myself after so many years of having my kids (and various other people) living with me. 

0 remarks: