Monday, October 2, 2017

94 Years Remembered in 94 Days-Post 87 (Cleaning out 858)

I got down to Douglas Friday afternoon.   I was very disappointed in how bad the yard looked.  It has looked so nice for so many years, but the last two times we have been here, it hasn't looked like it should.  
 
I am spending two weeks here.   Cecilia and Jay came down late Friday evening.  I will be here the remainder of the week and then Judy, Kerri and Ken will be down next Saturday.

The wonderful realtor we have stopped by and we went over the schedule and a few other things to get ready to put it on the market mid month.

I went to dinner at the Elks Club and met Carol and her family and was able to visit with a lot of people that I know and care about.    I love being able to go to the Elks Club here in Douglas.  They had a steak fry and where else can you get a ribeye, baked potato and salad for $15.00.  I wasn't going to go, but Carol talked me into it.   Glad I did.

I walked over as it is not very far from 858.   The weather down here is so beautiful.   When I got there, I took this beautiful picture.  The sunset was amazing!


Cecilia and Jay got here about 8.  They were finished serving at the Elks so Carol and I walked down to the Gadsden where some other friends were.   Cecilia and Jay were able to get dinner and I was able to visit with some other friends.

Saturday brought lots of work.   We accomplished a lot, I think.    In the downstairs closet, I found some great memories of our reunions.   I want to take the pictures and have them scanned and make a disc for family members.  I was especially touched by this picture of Patrick and Teresa.  It isn't very clear here, but it is such a sweet picture.  It was from the 1992 reunion.

In 92, so many of the cousins were little kids.   Such cute pictures of them were found.  But what was most touching were ones of my mom, Teresa, Matt, Tom, Bill, Eddie and Tony who have since passed.   A lot of pictures of the brothers and sisters dancing.  Brought back many great memories.
 
Saturday evening, Cecilia wanted to go to 5:00 mass.  For some reason, that was hard for me.   Teresa and I went to that Mass every Saturday.   We always sat in the second row.   I was often the commentator or reader.     I had a couple of "moments."
 
I know the next few weeks will be hard and I will be writing more I am sure.   I feel like we have gotten a lot done and I am thankful to the many friends down here who are helping us.  
 
And Cecilia and Jay have done a lot!!  Of course, I always enjoy being with them so that makes it even better!!  


 

0 remarks: