Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Miranda Lambert - The House That Built Me

This song summarizes everything that I am feeling.  I had forgotten about it until my friend, Barb O, texted me a few nights ago.  It speaks to my heart right now.     

Leaving this house is so hard.  I knew it would be.  The range of emotions has been between nostalgia, laughter at some of the things that happened, and tears.    858 is truly the "The House That Built Me."   

I am at peace as I have had two entire weeks to go through "stuff."   I also have been able to visit with friends that I made during the five years I was here.

I am also looking forward to next weekend and the all class reunion which includes my 50th.  What a  fitting way to end my "era" in Douglas!

I am grateful to still have the cabin.   So many of my wonderful childhood (and adult) memories are tied into it.   Although we have not had it as long as 858, we did buy it in 1960 so it has been in my life for 57 years, which is also a very long time.   I hope to spend more time there.  



0 remarks: