Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Pandemic Stimulus Check

I love this quote!  It speaks volumes of everything I believe in.  My greatest concern for our society today is that many people lack empathy.
 

One of my Douglas peeps posted this quote which I love! And those of you who know me, definitely know that I am opinionated. However, I believe empathy to be the most important characteristic of all. This morning when I checked my bank account, the stimulus check had been deposited. Although I did not get the full amount, it was still sizable. I absolutely believe that this was very important to so many people. Dave and I are fortunately in a position where we have not been hurt financially by this pandemic. There are many other people out there who need this money more than we do. I was chatting (and socially distancing) with a lady here in Butte the other day. She told me she is working twice as hard because they have to sanitize everything. She said she had made more money on unemployment, but that she needed to work in the long run so that is why she came back to work. So my goal with the money I received is to tip more when we utilize anything that requires tipping. That way we can help some of these people who are struggling. I already had been doing that, but now I can do a bit more. Hopefully this will help a small bit to ease some of these hard workers burdens.

 

0 remarks: