Saturday, May 2, 2020

Vet Appointment in the COVID19 Times

This morning I took Diego to the vet to get an allergy shot and "doggie" valium for our trip to Montana.  I called yesterday to make an appointment and they were able to get me in at 10:30.  

Diego HATES to go to the vet.  He always tries to sit on my lap, which is a lot of fun with his size.  When I made the appointment, no one explained to me their procedures during these times. 

When I got to the vet's office, there were a lot of cars in the parking lot and they were running.  I didn't think much of it and got Diego out of the car. That is also always a lot of fun.

The office was locked so the lady came out and asked what parking space I was in. I had no idea because I hadn't seen a sign.  I told  her I would just walk around with him for a bit because getting him in and out of the car is a bit of a chore.  Well, that wasn't the right decision as it was a bit too hot.

So we got back in the car, at which point Diego started his high pitched screeching (thus the need for doggie valium on a long trip).  I looked around for a sign with a parking space number but there wasn't one.  So we sat in the car with the a/c on and me turning up the radio to cover the whining sound.   

We were there for about 10 minutes, when the tech called and asked where I was.  I told her so she came out and got Diego and took him in.  I wasn't allowed which at that point was fine with me.  Although I am sure it was probably a bit of a challenge for them with his fear of the vet!

I waited in the car for about another 10 minutes when they brought him back.  She  had to go back in and get the prescription and I got to listen to Diego again.  She brought back the meds and then I had to wait for the lady to come out so I could pay the bill.

Needless to say, I was very tempted to take a doggie valium when I got home! 

A PS to this story.  Diego had to have a different prescription for travel because he has a heart murmur.   So today Dave took the prescription to Walmart.   Apparently it is for a "controlled substance."  He had to set up an account for Diego at the pharmacy.  Dave got a call and they are questioning the prescription and have to call the vet tomorrow to make sure we aren't trying to get "drugs" for ourselves!!   Good grief!!

0 remarks: