Saturday, April 30, 2022

Hair AGAIN!

Since the last chemo in December and during the radiation fiasco, my hair had started to grow back.  It came in mostly grey but it was even and it looked kind of like a typical man's haircut.  What I didn't realize or even think about was losing it again after I resumed chemo a little over three weeks ago.

Earlier this week, I noticed hair on the bar of soap that I use to wash my head.  Then I looked at my pillow and it was covered with hair.

Yesterday, everything kind of came to a "head" so to speak.  After I got back from the bloodwork appointment, I laid down for a little bit and took off my cap.  When I got up and looked in the mirror, it was scary!!!

I had a wonderful dog named Ellie.  She was a chow mix with red hair.  She was a wonderful dog.   The first time I took her to get her chow (lion) haircut, she looked great.   However, as her hair started to grow back, it was in tufts here and there some of which would stand out like they had electricity in them.   She was the sweetest dog ever, but also wasn't the most beautiful chow!  I had to continually get her what body hair she had cut so she looked good.  We had a lot of good laughs about her through the years.   I still miss her.

As I was looking in the mirror, all I could think was "I have become Ellie"!  That is exactly how my hair looked.   I had bald spots all over along with areas with tufts of hair sticking out.   This did not happen the first time.  

Dave was golfing so when I came out of the bedroom, I asked Patrick if I reminded him of anyone.  Of course, his first words were "Ellie."   Although I don't go out without a hat or my wig, I don't always have one on here at home.   And the way my hair looked was bad.  So we did another "shave" of my head! 

Needless to say, I didn't take any pictures of the before or after even though the after is at least even but bald.   It isn't how I want my hair to look, but it is certainly better than it was.  And this will hopefully give it the opportunity to grow back evenly.

All I can say is that the only thing I can do is laugh!  Actually, my hair is the least of my worries.  If that is the price I have to pay to get completely well, that is okay with me.   I am anxious for it to start growing back when I am finished treatment, but more than hair, I want some energy back.  That is what is hardest for me!!

TO BE CONTINUED......................!

0 remarks: