Thursday, April 28, 2022

SENT HOME AND I DIDN'T EVEN MISBEHAVE!

Yesterday morning I got up early and finished all of my preparations for my chemo treatment.   I knew that there was a possibility that I wouldn't be able to get it because of the issue with my platelet count being low.  I had done everything I thought I should do in the day and a half but it didn't work.  The platelet count went up a bit but not enough.

Needless to say, I was really discouraged--probably more so than anything else that has happened.  I think it is because I had everything figured out that I would be able to finally do some of the fun things being on the Governing Board that I have missed this year.  Depending on what happens and the timeline will depend on whether or not I can participate in graduation activities.  If I had the chemo yesterday, all dates would have worked out.  Plus I am really anxious to get to Montana.  

After my "pity party" and time to think about it, I realized that getting completely well is what is most important.  I will be able to do the "fun" things next year if I do everything Dr. Bhoola says to do now.

I talked to Tara (NP) when I was leaving and she said that this is just what happens with chemo at times.   It is very potent and gets rid of cancer, but it can also do some damage to other parts of your body.   She also said that there is really nothing I did wrong or can do to make  it better.  That was a relief because I was literally forcing myself to eat the two previous days.  When I am not hungry, that is really a chore.  I ate good yesterday and I think it was because the pressure was off and I could just relax and "enjoy" a meal.

So tomorrow I go for bloodwork and then hopefully will have the chemo treatment on Monday. 

Just another glitch in this "c" journey.  And my attitude is back to the positive side today!!  I am just hoping tomorrow the platelet count will be high enough for treatment.

TO BE CONTINUED...................!

0 remarks: