Monday, December 11, 2017

A Memory Triggered!

This morning I went to a funeral at St. Anne's Church here in Gilbert.  It was a very sad occasion as the funeral was for the husband of a wonderful lady who really helped me with my campaign and who has become a friend. 

As I was standing waiting to go into the church, the line was by the office.  It triggered a memory of Teresa.  It is amazing how memories are triggered all of a sudden.  It put a bit of a smile on my face at a very sad event.

The summer of 2016, Teresa really wanted to go to confession.  I couldn't even imagine why she, of anyone I know, would need to confess something. But that was her life.  

Our cousin, Maggie, made arrangements for her to go to confession one afternoon at St. Anne's.  So I took her.  Since it was not the regular time, I gave the priest a donation.  I so wanted to listen in to see what on earth Teresa could have confessed.  No such luck.  Just paid the money and took her home.

Later, I found out from Maggie that Teresa told her she was worried because in May she had missed mass because she had diarrhea, the wonderful priest told her that WAS NOT a sin.  As I said, she never said a word to me about it.

I MISS HER!!!

0 remarks: