Sunday, December 10, 2017

Weekend Wanderings

It has been a busy weekend, busier than the week was for me last week.  Saturday, I had the absolute privilege of attending the Highland High School Concert--Home for the Holidays.  It was put on the their orchestra department.  Their orchestra department alone has over 300 students participating.  And it was delightful.  

I cannot begin to say how important the arts are for our students.  And Gilbert has one of the best programs anywhere.  

When I got there yesterday, there were several small buses from retirement communities around us. I was so touched to see this. Not only is this a wonderful opportunity for senior citizens to see what the schools are doing and be entertained, but it is also a good PR move for when we have to go out for a vote on an override or bond.

The music was unbelievable. One of the many incredible parts was the Harp Ensemble.  Having this is unusual at the high school level and they were wonderful!

It was a very entertaining two hours and I am so happy that I was able to attend and see the work of our wonderful educators and their students!



Sunday morning brought the annual "Breakfast at the Barn" at Shannon Underhill's house. I have been to the last three, but they started while I was still in Douglas.

It is a group of very dear friends who worked at Gilbert El.  I will always value their friendship and the opportunities to get together often.  This has become a very nice tradition. Every year we make a donation to some one in need or an organization.  

I am so blessed to have this wide circle of friends who mean so much to me. My days at Gilbert El were the best!!!




And to cap off a great weekend, went to Glendale to celebrate my cousin, Cecilia's birthday.   She has been more than my cousin since we were young.  She has been such a great friend and such a great support.  I love her like a sister and don't know what I would do without her.  She is one of the truly good people in the world. On top of that, she is FUN!!!!!!!

0 remarks: