Monday, December 18, 2017

Weekend in Bisbee

Kerri and I had a weekend in Bisbee planned for a few weeks.  She was selected to participate in a science activity with Game and Fish near Douglas.  At the last minute it was cancelled, so we headed down anyway so she could do some research for her fourth graders.

I can't quite bring myself to going down to Douglas just yet. With 858 being sold and the family moving into the house, it is just too hard for me.  I had ordered tamales so Kerri went down and got 24 dozen green and meat from my favorite tamale person!

We stayed at Gloria and Craig's little house by theirs on Brewery Gulch.  It was absolutely perfect. It is a great location to walk into Bisbee and it is so comfortable. I would recommend it to anyone!!!

Friday night we went to dinner at the Bisbee Table.  It is really good food.  We did a bit of shopping and then went back and went to sleep early.  I had to buy a beanie because it was cold, which turned into a good thing since I forgot to bring a brush and comb!!

Saturday we walked downtown and looked at shops.  Kerri got a few things.  There are a couple of jewelers at the old "PD mercantile" building.  They make some amazing jewelry.

It was cold which is usually is this time of year in Bisbee.   We had lunch at the Copper Queen hotel and then a late afternoon cheese crisp at Santiago's.  

My favorite place that we went was Arizona's smallest bar at the Silver King Hotel.  It is up two flights of very steep stairs and is an actual hotel room turned into a bar.  It has about enough room for three or four people, but there is plenty of room outside on the patio--just a bit too cold for now.


Only in Bisbee will you see the beautiful lights and a Peace Sign, which is really appropriate this year in  particular.


All in all, it was a very nice weekend and I hope to get down there again soon, especially with such a great place to stay.

0 remarks: