Thursday, December 7, 2017

Dear, Retired Friends!!

Ralph Waldo Emerson says, "It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."  And that is the truth!!

Today I met my retired administrator friends for a nice late lunch and visit. We also celebrated Jill's birthday. Every year it is very special to celebrate her birthday. Jill has had two kidney transplants and she is an amazing human being and friend. She has had health issues, but you would never know it with her so positive outlook on everything.

These four ladies were a lifeline for me when I was living in Douglas. They would come to Bisbee for a weekend about three times a year and give me reprieve!  I will always be grateful to them for that.  Their friendship means the world to me. And they are fun!!!

We try to get together as often as possible for lunch and/or a movie.  About every three or four months, we try to do an overnight somewhere.  I have missed the last two, but absolutely won't miss anymore. They are too important.

One of the adventures that we have is meeting at places that are really new to me. Today we met at a restaurant on 40th St. and Camelback in Phoenix. It is one that I have never been to before.  It was so nice and good for me to get out of my "comfort zone so to speak."

We stayed for about an hour and a half after lunch just visiting and catching up  We planned an overnight in January for my birthday.

I can't begin to express how much I care and appreciate these wonderful friends who have helped me maintain my sanity through crazy times!!!

0 remarks: